The news media frequently shows photos of ‘innocent’ protesters. They are said to have been ‘just standing there’, when – for absolutely NO reason at all – they were attacked by someone – civilian or police – who was out to get them.
The linked story – with video proof – puts the claim to rest as a defense. The masses that gather are being trained to commit assault on those opposing them, inflicting crippling pain and damage.
I had seen rioters on the news over the last several weeks, clutching skateboards. From my knowledge of urban youth, I knew that skateboard use wasn’t all that common. So, why were so many holding them?
- Use as a shield if physically challenged.
- Wielding it as a weapon against police.
Unlike other weapons (such as the common sock of bike locks), the skateboard can argued to be an innocent means of transportation, not an intentional weapon.
- Leaf blowers – used to re-direct tear gas/smoke back at the police
- Umbrellas (I’d seen this, and thought it quite odd to be carrying them to a riot). In a pinch, the bumbershoots can also be used to jab agressively.
- Note the ‘soccer moms’ – all wearing bike helmets. Seemingly without nefarious use – but, could easily be taken off, swung by the straps, and used to batter opponents. That polymer material is meant to stand up to a lot of abuse.
- Flags on poles – not only a great optic (hey, we’re just patriotic Americans!), but also leaves them with wooden poles to use as a weapon.
- Lasers – depending on the type of light (green are quite harmful to eyes), can blind. They are deliberately using these in coordinated attacks on the police. This was planned – most people use the red lasers for innocent purposes.
- The usual lighters, gasoline/bottle/wick combos, fireworks, IEDs, metal batons, bricks, etc.
Understand, most people, even on the Left, don’t actively participate in these violent actions. But they DO spread the lie that these are peaceful protesters. They are allies of the Left.
UPDATE: After posting this, I found another site that looks at some of these same issues – here.