The Elite Classes that are entrenched in Washington ALWAYS protect their own.
I’m always amazed at the number of people who have no knowledge of The Venona Papers. Now, I grant you that reading some of the books and articles put out about them can be an eye-rubbing, mind-stultifying experience. The mental effort to focus on the analysis, and to follow the logical reasoning of those who’ve spent years identifying those agents and their enablers can be hard.
But, multiple books have been published, and understanding the basics of the discovery is really quite easy.
Robert L. Benson
John Earl Haynes
Herbert Romerstein – this is one of the books I read. Fascinating, if a little overly-detailed at times.
To get a condensed version of the importance of The Venona Papers to understanding the infiltration of American government, click here.
I keep hearing about all of these Illegal Aliens present in the USA, who “are law-abiding, hard-working, and kept out of trouble”. Why, we are scolded, are we so intent on removing these stellar people who have done NOTHING wrong.
Well, except for being in this country without our consent.
Piffle. Such a minor offense, if you can CALL it an offense. A minor misdemeanor.
The fact is, those aliens have committed multiple crimes – crimes that, in fact, DO hurt Americans – quite a lot.
- Their presence in this country leads them to be a net drain on the economy – The Office of the Census reports that 63% of immigrants get some sort of government subsidy, often some form of welfare. Even after residing here for many years, they are MORE likely to use this government aid than citizens.
- A person who is not legally resident in this country cannot work without breaking the law (a crime). Those exempted from this include those given refugee status, resident aliens with work permits, and DACA recipients (many of whom are not truly eligible, but were given that status by the Former President Obama, with fake stories – a crime).
- Many try to by-pass the laws about non-citizen ineligibility for work with phony documents. They may be wholly made up, with fake paperwork and numbers (a crime), or stolen/purchased from one who is a legal citizen/resident (a crime).
- Identity Theft is not only a crime, but causes both great expense and time to straighten out by the person legally owning that identity – that cost is born by the CITIZEN whose identity was stolen. Worse, there are Americans who have been put in jail because of a crime committed by the fraudster, who have been denied health care because of medical issues of these criminals, and who have had their Income Tax Refunds STOLEN by these people. A few have even been audited because income of the criminal that was reported by the employer was not known to the CITIZEN who did not include it on his return. Read more about Identity Theft by Aliens here.
- The 9/11 Commission signaled out Identity Theft as a major way that terrorists are embedded into this country (a crime).
- BTW, the IRS, when they find a stolen identity, does not contact the actual holder of that identity to let them know their identity has been stolen.
- If that alien has children who are not citizens, they are often enrolled in public schools (a non-reportable crime, thanks to a Supreme Court decision). See here for a map of which areas have high numbers of illegal aliens in schools. The Supreme Court has already ruled that illegal aliens MUST be enrolled in schools, and that the schools cannot charge them the normal fee for non-residents of that city. The problem is growing, and the longer we continue to tolerate illegal aliens in our country, the more children will be born as US citizens – which the family will use to argue for “regularization” of the aliens’ status. One great thing that Betsy DeVos has done is to bring up the issue of schools acting like “sanctuaries” for aliens.
- If they, or a member of their family not a citizen gets sick, they go to the hospital, and receive care for free, often with Obamacare enrollment on which they LIED about their status (a crime), or failed to provide documents. Some health care centers, funded with Federal money, have ignored alien status to treat patients not eligible. Let’s not forget that when a poor person is enrolled in Obamacare, he gets a Tax Credit (a crime).
- Some collect food stamps to help support their family (a crime). A report from a case manager about Food Stamp Fraud. Others get housing subsidies, income support through Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) – technically, not welfare, but – it really IS.
So, the next time someone tells you how important immigration is to this country, you might want to reference this post.
BTW, you will also want to read the Front Page Magazine article, by Michael Cutler, that sparked this post.
…and the outcome for future tourism was NOT good that time, either.
I know, I know. Amazingly, most tourists don’t see a riot and think, “Oh, GREAT! A real, authentic slice of Parisian life!”
They are more apt to think, “I’m never coming back to this increasingly Sh–hole country!” And, for France, like many other European countries, that depend on the tourists’ dollars to prop up an unstable and unmanageable economy, that decision means Things Are Going to Get a LOT Worse.
I realize that the young have no understanding of history, but – the Arc is special. It represents the epitome of a France that is civilized, strong, and a leader.
For cryin’ out loud, even the Actual Nazis treated the Arc respectfully.
I saw this on Ace of Spades, and LOVED the idea!
II’m going to be looking into pricing for small runs – maybe 12 X 18? Put your name in the comments if you’re interested in getting one.
I’m old enough to remember when this was a badly needed counter to official Soviet and other Leftist propaganda in Europe (Radio Free Europe was, I believe, the original idea).
I do believe, in a time when there is widely-available information dissemination world-wide, this agency may have outlived its mission. It’s become a comfortable retirement income for aging, overpriced journalists.
Easier than firing people – which allows the let-go person to pose, with the assistance of his journalist friends, as a VICTIM of the Horrible Orange Person – is to eliminate the agency entirely. Allow the non-partisan clerks/tech people to transfer to other jobs. No inter-agency movement for the news staff, unless reliably non-partisan.
They will still bitch, but their blatant partisanship has earned them loss of a government spot. This shutdown has the advantage of lowering the cost of government.
While we’re at it, the GPO – Government Printing Office – is a relic that needs to go. Farm out the jobs to local government offices, to be printed up by local printshops (a godsend to their bottom line). Place the files on the web – any printer can quickly set up a small run for less than the cost of moving the paper around the country.